How to Cook Perfect Bacon Every Time
It’s hard to go wrong with bacon, but there is an art to cooking it perfectly every time. Whether you’re cooking breakfast, sandwiches, or even dessert, use your oven to get the perfect amount of crispiness every time.
See more: Porktober: Time to Salute Pork
How to Cook Perfect Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- If you don’t plan to save the bacon fat, line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. When finished, you’ll be able to easily peel the foil from the pan and discard, minimizing clean-up.
- Lightly coat both sides of a wire cooling rack with cooking spray, place a cooling rack in the sheet pan.
- Lay strips of bacon across the width of the cooling rack. Pro tip: Avoid crowding the bacon. The key to crispy bacon is to allow some room between strips while cooking so heat can circulate evenly. You can fit about one pound of bacon on one sheet pan for baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the oven. Place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels and pat away excess fat.